Moroccan Kilim Throw Pillow with Sequins and Diamond Tribal Symbols
Soften Things Up A Bit
Feed your fancy with this handmade Moroccan kilim pillow with all-over sequin (mouzoun in arabic) accents from the Zemmour tribe of the Middle Atlas region, one of the oldest, most respected and recognizable tribe weaving traditions in Morocco.
Souk Find Details:
- Hand woven Moroccan kilim pillow from the Middle Atlas Mountain region adds softness, texture, color, sparkle and a storied past to your favorite spaces
- Color palette is classic Zemmour red for a burst of boho style energy
- Complex geometric design includes a central diamond shape, a common symbol used to represent and tell the stories taking place within a tribe's kasbah walls, interior passages and individual dwellings
- All-over sequin pattern adds the boho chic sparkle you love, though metal embellishments were incorporated into handmade items as protection to help deflect the evil eye
- All four edges are detailed in a black and white seam that matches the corner tassels
- Back of pillow is a solid red woven textile with simple single thin stripes in black and green providing a reversible dual-sided design that makes it easy to switch when you are ready for a change
- Natural wool is dyed with plant colors that make the materials earth friendly including poppy, saffron, mint, etc.
- Measurements are 17 inches x 17 inches, a versatile size that fits easily into existing ensembles or alone on sofas, chairs, beds, window seats or other surfaces
Cushy wool pillows add more than sparkle to your space with texture and a classic Zemmour red color palette. Intricate geometric designs visualize stories of tribal life in the kasbah, from marriages, births, and deaths to movements of the entire clan. Woven textiles like those used to make this pillow were often created as journals and diaries of the women who weaved them spontaneously without a paper pattern to follow.