Moroccan Leather Cross Body Choukkara Money Bag - Satchel with Embroidered Design
Handmade Leather, Cactus Silk Embroidery & Magical Baraka
Reward your inner nomad and chief bohemian with our storied Berber Choukkara Money Bag created from hand crafted leather and employing meticulously embroidered folklore and leatherworking techniques perfected by tribes in the Atlas mountains.
Choukkara Money Bags were originally custom made for a specific individual, most often a business man or merchant embarking on a long journey through the desert. The process of creating the bag itself was believed to bestow it with hand picked baraka, a kind of positive energy, blessings and protection from the evil eye, meets magic.
Your inner nomad definitely won't have any trouble imagining the intrigue and adventure encountered along the Saharan caravan route more than a millennium ago while wearing this fabled piece of functional art. For more about Berber Choukkara Money Bags, please see our storytelling section below.
Souk Find Details:
- Make a luxurious boho chic style statement and delight your inner nomad all at once with this authentically designed and hand crafted Berber Choukkara Money Bag in soft reddish-brown leather with orange cactus silk embroidered baraka
- Leather is soft and handmade in world-renowned 1000 year-old Fez el Bali tanneries by craftsmen using techniques that have been honed since medieval times
- Lift the fold over flap to open the roomy all leather center pouch for keeping your essentials, including phones, keys, necessities and wallets
- Elegant cactus silk hand crocheted black strap with tassels adjusts to fit your comfort level and preference for cross-body or shoulder style from 24" to 32'
- Two front (zippered pockets) and two rear (one zippered, one slip pocket) additional compartments add detailing and additional space for keeping receipts and similar ephemera