Moroccan Copal Amber Bead + Leather Assemblage Necklace
Regular price $ 195.00
Souk Find Details:
- Measures 19 inches in length (choker-style length)
- Weight is 118gm
- Shorter length is a casual everyday style traditionally worn while doing errands and work around the home.
- Materials include copal (young) amber beads separated by leather discs
- Beads are strung on strand of black cactus silk
- Closure includes braided wool ends with loop and button pull closure
- Copal amber and amber are highly valued and believed to embody protective and healing properties
Portable Wealth Vintage Assemblage Necklace
Enhance your well-traveled presence by adding this bold assemblage statement necklace in a simple choker-length style designed by Imazighen (Berber) women of Morocco to your personal collection.
Strung with warm saffron-hued copal (young) amber beads separated by leather discs, these beads are highly valued and selected to demonstrate affluence and social status, as well as for their protective and medicinal properties.
Assemblage necklaces play many roles, including as a method of portable wealth. Easily disassembled, the elements of the design, which have often been accumulated over time, can be used for payment as needed by the family or as a form of dowry.
A rural style necklace like this one is a hallmark of tribes located in the northern Rif and Middle Atlas regions in that it consists of only two materials. The shorter choker length is a casual everyday style typically worn while doing errands and work around the home.
Don't see what you're looking for? Have questions? Email email@example.com